Sunday, 16 December 2012

Heart transplants

Stranger than fiction - reading about people who had received heart transplants then changed to love what the previous heart donater had loved (for example spicy food/cycling) , or even more amazingly, were able to finish lines of poetry the original heart donor had written....
This part of the book I was reading, inspired me to think about what my own heart was "storing up" - the weirdness of my physical heart actually containing my different likes, loves and dislikes and thinking about how that actually defined a lot about me. What changes would I make if my heart was so totally readable to someone else? I'd like to think that they would be loving life more, I'm pretty sure they'd start to love art and books, chocolate and coffee in the sun, and maybe; worship, the word and the prophetic, all mixed in with a tad of counselling....

No comments:

Post a Comment