Wednesday, 26 September 2012

Yom Kippur

I tried a computer fast for Yom Kippur.
To be fully alive you need to be present, not in an electronic copy of existence.
Observing with each sense the here and now, savouring the gift of life.
I think it is good to check that our machines are not mastering us but are still servants.
Yesterday felt more peaceful, less harried. I actually made more of life happen rather than just watching what someone else had done.


To help observe life, I'm posting an observation chart of the southern hemisphere seasons once I've made it and learnt how to attach files to blog posts..

(So far,  everything I come across seasonally is Northern hemisphere based. However, I will try and link to those Northern season charts, for the people who live in the upper part of the crust :-))


http://www.pinterest.com/pin/40813940344280832/

No comments:

Post a Comment